Here at Benenden we have forged many links within the education sector through a variety of methods, including:
- Annual Modern Languages days (French, German, Italian, Spanish) held at Benenden for local primary schools, including taster lessons, ordering lunch in French, role plays and diploma awarded.
- Outreach teaching of French and Chinese to local primary schools.
- Free-after school Mandarin Club to young linguists in Year 5 and Year 6 in our local primary schools held at Benenden School. If the parents have difficulty with taking their children to Benenden School, we can help with the transport.
- Mandarin Department partnership with Dulwich Prep to host after-school Mandarin Club to pupils in Years 6, 7 and 8. It is free of charge and offered to pupils attending other schools in our local community. Weekly one hour session during term time every Monday.
Sixth Form and Higher Education
- Careers and Higher Education events are open to local schools to attend.
- Joint Oxbridge preparation of students with Cranbrook School.
- Regular participation by Sixth Form students from Cranbrook School in the Headmistress' Discussion Society.
- Sponsorship and staging of the annual Kent and Sussex Sixth Form Debating Championships and Schools Mace debating. Twenty teams from state and independent schools take part each February. Over 50 schools in Kent and East Sussex are invited.
- Hosting Women in Science and Engineering Conference with state school involvement.
- Hosting Chemistry at Work Day with state school involvement.
- Classics - On Wednesday afternoons Y13 Latin students from Cranbrook School come over and join us for a joint lesson, to provide them with some additional support.