Benenden aims to give each pupil a Complete Education in which she achieves her academic potential and grows as an individual.
We want her to relish all that school life has to offer so that she leaves us as a confident, positive young woman truly prepared for her future.
We expect each girl to be a responsible and considerate global citizen who is outward looking, courageous and compassionate. We support her in being aspirational and in developing her interests and talents whilst learning to achieve balance in her life.
By emphasising the importance of spiritual growth, we hope that each girl will enjoy making a contribution to our happy and caring school and go on to be inspired to make a positive difference to whichever communities she finds herself in throughout her life.
We aim to do this by providing:
- a safe and nurturing environment
- an inspiring, challenging and responsive academic curriculum which balances the best of tradition and innovation
- excellent and motivating teaching designed to encourage our girls to become independent, enquiring and critical thinkers
- a framework of individual support devised to help each girl experience and benefit from a full programme of study balanced with a wide variety of cultural, creative, physical and fun activities
- a culture of encouragement and support designed to develop self-reliance, resilience, confidence and wellbeing
- the experience of learning to understand other people, working and living together with tolerance and compromise, whilst also offering a wide range of opportunities for leadership
- careers and higher education guidance designed to help every student achieve her own personal goals, equipped with professional and life skills for university and beyond
- a close partnership with parents so that school and home can work together to help every pupil make the most of her time at Benenden
In all that we do at Benenden, we aim to foster:
- Belief in oneself: integrity, independence, courage, endeavour, reflection, self-respect and self-confidence
- Belief in others: trust, appreciation, consultation, understanding, generosity of spirit, tolerance and respect
- Commitment to learning: an enthusiasm for and love of learning
- Commitment to the community: participation, service, responsibility, leadership, initiative, compassion and commitment to equality